It’s been a busy year here at Martyn Gerrard. We have continued to support local buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants, and with the help of our specialist media agency we continue to be a trusted industry voice by sharing advice and market insight with a local and national audience. We also use our media agency to ensure that properties on our books go beyond advertising campaigns; they can be seen by a significant readership in national newspapers. This year, homes on the market with Martyn Gerrard have featured in publications like The Mail on Sunday, METRO and International Property and Travel Magazine.
Throughout the year, our Managing Director, Simon Gerrard, has also utilised the media to share his extensive knowledge of the North London housing market and fight your corner, drawing the media’s attention to issues effecting you and your home. For example, his appearance on Sky News allowed his first-hand insight into stamp-duty policy, and the merits of a stamp duty switch from buyers to sellers, to be shared with a significant national audience.
We are proud of the part we’ve played this year in sparking meaningful conversations around how the housing market can be improved to better serve all parties - whether you’re a seller or renter, buyer or landlord. Through Simon Gerrard’s letter-writing campaign to Housing Minister Esther McVey, and the agency’s recent roundtable with Chancellor of the Exchequer Sajid Javid, we have been able to voice the concerns of the community we represent. We were also proud to give back to our community by participating in Noah’s Ark’s £50 challenge, raising money to support the amazing work they do in the local area.
Also, this month, the agency enjoyed success at the annual Negotiator Awards, winning ‘London Agency of the Year’, silver for ‘Marketing Campaign of the Year’ and bronze for ‘Estate Agency of the Year (10+ branches)’. The news was published by UK-wide paper The Jewish Tribune.
Some of 2019’s additional press highlights include:
- 15th November, The Times, ‘Movers & Shapers — from a Derry Girl’s troubles to stamp duty whispers on the campaign trail’ (Martyn Gerrard roundtable mentioned) read here
- 7th November, The Telegraph, ‘How to invest in buy-to-let where your £100,000 will earn the highest returns’ (comments from Simon Gerrard) read here
- 10th July, City A.M., ‘A share in housing nightmare?’ (comments from Simon Gerrard) read here
- 5th September, Sky News, ‘Brexit and the property market’ (on-air interview with Simon Gerrard)
- 15th April, LBC Radio, ‘Comments on the Government’s ban on Section 21 eviction notices’ (Interview with Simon Gerrard)
- 8th January, Metro, ‘With £900,000 to spend, would you choose Upper Holloway or Writtle?’ (Martyn Gerrard property & comments from Simon Gerrard) read here
From all of us at Martyn Gerrard, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.